Marcel, tell us a little about yourself. Where are you from? What do you do? What inspires you?
- I’m from Guatemala, the best country in the world! We have the best people and the best climate. Currently, what I do is try to get the best chapines to record in my Podcast. And thus, be able to inspire others to have dreams and to work for them.A couple of times a week I am a volunteer firefighter. I also love to swim every day, where I take the opportunity to think and meditate.What inspires me is knowing that I can achieve the lifestyle that I have always wanted through hard and intelligent work. And, at the same time, contribute stories, content and tools to my country so that we can all move forward.I want to travel the world and live away from the city, and work through the internet.
How did you begin with your Podcast? Tell us shortly what your day to day consists of!
- I started listening to Podcasts about 2 years ago, since I was bored with music and radio and in Guatemala. We spent between 1 and a half to two hours in traffic every day. I realized how the podcasts positively affected my life and how it expanded my mind. Now, I have developed my critical thinking and it has helped me a lot to grow as a person and as a professional. In addition, I have always liked to talk with successful people and browse their minds to know how they achieved it. What habits they have and what tools they recommended me. So, I joined the two variables and created MBPodcast.My day to day is very similar, I get up at 4 am to go swimming, then I come back and walk my dog. After breakfast I get ready, we are talking about 6 am to 8 am, I work in my house, taking advantage of the silence of the city.I edit the videos, the audio, design some things, and plan others. What I try, is to leave everything that requires other people for the rest of the day. I love everything related to human interaction. I think that’s why I’m passionate about what I do. Because for me, it’s necessary to learn from other people, better if it’s every day.I try to work on improving the podcasts. Looking forward on how to get people to listen to the valuable content we have.
What is your dream? Where do you see yourself in the future?
- I see myself as a person with a positive influence on the youth of Guatemala. Always focused on education, I want to bring to all people content that can change their lives. To be able to educate young adults who did not have an education in their childhood, through my audio, so that they can create and innovate.
What is your dream for the world? What message would you like to share to our audience?
- My dream for the world is that we can understand the importance of wanting to learn from others. It is important to learn to talk and listen. I believe that a key to success is learning to have a good conversation with anyone. Learning to listen, opens doors that you can not even imagine.
What are the biggest challenges you’re facing in your working sphere?
- Teach people about what a Podcast are. I need more people to understand the value and reach that a podcast has. So that they create theirs and so everyone listens to podcasts. In addition, it is to try to survive without income.
What is the thing you enjoy the most about your work?
- I love being able to converse with people, that I liked long before the podcast began. I love learning new things and new perspectives. And I love meeting new people who are doing amazing things in Guatemala. Love the hustle. The unknown.